Price $1,099.00 +
This digital SLR digital camera’s high ISO quality is outstanding and does as claimed, represent at least a full stop improvement over any Canon camera before it. It is very similar to the 40D in all controls, so it's completely easy to switch from one to the other. The motor drive is fast enough for action. Live view is so much better than 40D, Tripod is still a must but that is expected. Brighter screen is a plus in any landscape work.
I have to say that I prefer EOS 50D to the 7-D or even the 5D MkII. From what I heard, 50D produces comparably less shadow noise than either digital cameras, and the RAW files are quite flexible beyond what you would have expected. I've read that some people mentioned about getting the magenta cast on the photo, and colors are flat. But considering we have a lot of photo editing software now, those can be corrected at the post production. One review that I can’t afford to neglect was when EOS 50D is used to shoot outdoor in a sunny day, highlights are blown out pretty badly, especially in light color objects. Even though Highlight Tone Priority function comes handy in those situations, they were pretty ugly noticeable which you won’t get comparing to 20D.
- To check how to use EOS 50D, download a copy of Canon EOS 50D User Manual. This user manual is from Canon USA support group and you must have Adobe Reader to read the full text.
Features of Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera
- EOS 50D features a newly-designed 15.1-megapixel APS-C sized CMOS sensor which is capable of recording up to 4752 x 3168 pixels with full 14-bit A/D conversion for extremely fine tonal gradation.
- This digital camera operates with such effortless speed that operation is nothing short of intuitive. With instant start-up times, speedy autofocus and minimal shutter lag, the EOS 50D is one of the fastest cameras available today. It can shoot up to 6.3 fps, in bursts of up to 90 JPEGs (using an UDMA CF card), 60 JPEGs (using a CF card) consecutively or 16 RAW files.
- EOS 50D features a bright, high resolution, 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor with 920,000 (dots/VGA) pixels and a broad viewing angle of 160° horizontally and vertically. It offers a brighter and more detailed display than the EOS 40D.
- This digital camera features Canon's most advanced Live View shooting thanks to the number of focusing modes available including Quick mode, Live mode and Face Detection Live mode.
- Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera has a high-precision 9-point wide area AF that uses cross-type points at f-stops of f/5.6 or faster, enabling the camera to focus faster, more accurately, and in difficult lighting situations. AF sensitivity is a stunning EV-0.5 to EV18.
- Canon's exclusive Lens Peripheral Illumination setting takes into account any light falloff in the corners of the frame and corrects it, making for a perfectly exposed image.
- This digital camera’s Self Cleaning Sensor Unit eliminates stray dust that enters the camera when changing a lens or when out in the field.
- The EOS 50D has a new Creative Auto mode and a quick control screen that helps novice users narrow the gap between fully automatic and manual control.
This digital camera includes a new HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) output device that enables high definition display of your photographs on any HDTV with HDMI ports.