EOS Rebel T2i is fairly new as of this writing. Checking on Canon’s website, it appears that they haven’t release their suggested retail price. And you won’t find a lot of reviews yet over the Internet. But anyway, let’s see what this digital camera has to offer compared to their series of Rebels.
- To check how to use Rebel T2i, download a copy of Canon EOS Rebel T2i User Manual here from Canon USA support group. You must have Adobe Reader to read the full text.
Key Features of Canon Rebel T2i
- Canon EOS Rebel T2i has an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor that captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers more than enough resolution for big enlargements or crops. This first-class sensor features many of the same new technologies as used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light-gathering efficiency. Its APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format).
- With an ISO rating up to 6400 (expandable to ISO 12800), along with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor's improved noise-reduction technology, possibilities are endless. Combine Canon EOS Rebel T2i with one of their EF or EF-S lenses with Optical Image Stabilizer and the shooting possibilities for both movies and stills expand even further.
- This digital camera is designed for the evolving, tech-savvy user, the EOS Rebel T2i features HD Video capture technologies – manual exposure control for more creative control. By shooting video with the EOS Rebel T2i, photographers as well as filmmakers can take advantage of the creative features native to SLR cameras.
- Canon EOS Rebel T2i digital SLR camera features Canon's newest Dual-layer sensor, with 63 zones. By measuring not only the amount of light, but also taking into account color and luminosity, this new system delivers a very high level of accuracy for better results every time.
- The EOS Rebel T2i has a high-resolution 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor that features 1.04 million dots/VGA for spectacular detail. It also has the same aspect ratio (3:2) as the camera's sensor, making for clear and easy Live View composition.
- This digital camera refined button layout includes a dedicated button that directs the camera immediately to the Quick Control screen, where it's simple to navigate among any number of settings, including ISO.
- Without the need to navigate through a bunch of menus, this digital camera transitions effortlessly between still and movie mode. By pressing the Live View/Movie button, a situation that had required menu access with other cameras, still images can change to a movie shoot and vice versa. It’s literally as simple as the press of a button.
Canon EOS Rebel T2i digital camera can shoot up to 3.7 frames per second (fps) for up to approximately 6 consecutive RAW files or approximately 34 full-resolution JPEGs. Shooting at speeds of up to 1/4000 sec., the EOS Rebel T2i can capture even rapidly-unfolding scenes with ease.