Price $ 749.99 +
I had the opportunity to give this camera a quick test a few days ago and comparing to 50D, which is a similar camera, I would go for EOS T1i which has high definition video which you will not find on 50D. The major advantage of 50D is well within the price range. For anyone moving on to becoming professional, this camera will do anything you need to do. A great camera with very advanced features.
I have not seen a lot of negative reviews about this digital camera, so if you have one, feel free to write down your comments below.
- To check how to use Rebel T1i, download a copy of Canon EOS Rebel T1i User Manual here. This user manual is from Canon USA support group and you must have Adobe Reader to read the full text.
Features of Canon EOS Rebel T1i EF-S Digital SLR Camera
- Canon's CMOS sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers the most pixels in its class. It offers many of the same new technologies as used by Canon's professional cameras to maximize each pixel's light gathering efficiency. Rebel T1i APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format).
- This digital camera shoots brilliant video, even in full high definition. By simply selecting Movie mode on the EOS Rebel T1i's mode dial, the camera's 3.0-inch LCD lights up, and it's ready to go. Shooting is at a frame rate of 30 fps when shooting SD or HD quality video (640 x 480 and 1280 x 720 pixels, respectively) and at a frame rate of 20 fps in Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) recording.
- It has a Live View Function which you can enjoy nearly every camera function available in normal shooting, all with the convenience of composing on the camera's brilliant 3.0-inch LCD monitor.
- Canon EOS Rebel T1i digital SLR camera has a 3.0-inch high resolution LCD monitor that features 920,000 dots/VGA for far more detail than previous Rebel-series LCDs. It's the same screen found on professional models such as the EOS 5D Mark II.
- EOS Rebel T1i's Auto Lighting Optimizer is yet another image-quality tool that comes to the rescue in tricky lighting conditions. It can actually lighten dark areas of a scene while ensuring that bright areas maintain tonal detail. It's available in shooting modes including P, Tv, and Av.
- This digital camera features a greatly expanded ISO range that makes shooting possible in situations previously impossible without flash. With an expanded setting to ISO 3200 (ISO expansion: 6400, 12800), along with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor's improved noise-reduction technology, possibilities are endless.
EOS Rebel T1i is especially built for beginners looking to expand their photographic horizons. This digital camera offers Creative Auto mode. While basic settings are based on full automatic operation, shooting guides on the LCD screen enable you to make corrections based on simple to follow guidelines. In essence, with Creative Auto mode, you can learn about photography while taking stunning photographs.